Occupational Therapy Sessions
What services do we provide?
Our full-time CORU registered Occupational Therapist provides a variety of services designed to meet the needs of the client. This includes Online telehealth clinical sessions (individual and blocks of sessions) that consist of goal-focused interventions.
Who do we work with?
- We work with children and young adults but due to the requirements associated with working online, we generally work with children aged from 8 upwards in our telehealth services. For children the sessions might focus on gross or fine motor skill development and learning new tasks.
- Clinical sessions for young adults aged up to 22 - this might consist of strategies when moving on to college or employment, employment retention, learning new tasks and developing new skills. Sessions are goal focused and interventions are based on the needs of the young adult.
- Parental coaching sessions - sometimes a parent just needs a little help and knowledge to best support their child with school based tasks and home based tasks.
- Bespoke training and mentoring - We work with teachers, SNAs, clinicians, employers and other key people in the life of a person with DCD. Our targeted training is designed to answer questions and build knowledge and confidence. We can also provide one to one sessions for more complex support needs.
How are sessions run?
- Sessions are provided one-to-one online with an occupational therapist
- Sessions are delivered online so that people can access occupational therapy supports regardless of their location.
- Parental/adult supervision is required at all times for all sessions with those under 18 years of age
Sessions are tailored specifically to the needs and goals and of the client. This can range from working on aspects such as fine and gross motor skills, activities of daily living (ADLs) or education around aspects such as establishing a daily routine or working towards a specific goal.
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Motor coordination and balance
- Planning and self-management
- Organisation skills
- Study and learning skills
- Sequencing and Ordering
- Sensory regulation
- Emotional regulation
- Self-esteem and self-awareness
- Independent living
- €60 for a 45-minute session
What do I need to use telehealth services?
- Wi-Fi signal strong enough to hold a video call for 45 minutes
- A PC or device with a camera capable of holding video calls
- With a screen large enough to allow accessible viewing of the therapist and therapy materials
- Adjustable camera so that all interactions can be observed
- A quiet and private location
- Minimal distractions
- Appropriate lighting
- Minimal background noise
- Suitable physical set-up for intervention delivery
- Appropriate seating for the child with adequate support
- A flat workspace/table where the child can complete the required tasks during the session
If you wish to book an assessment, please use the booking calendar located further down this webpage.
When booking a slot, you will receive our Paediatric Occupational Therapy Referral Form in the email confirmation. Please complete this form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.